MTFCI Tennessee tour was splendid!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Club International User Forum: MTFCI General Discussion Forum : MTFCI Tennessee tour was splendid!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Saturday, July 25, 2009 - 9:43 pm:

Arrived back to FL from the Johnson City club annual tour....what a great time! Over 200 Model T's and fun roads with hills and beautiful weather to boot. Congrads to Brent and Penny Terry for hosting. Lots of thanks to many helpers too, us touring foke luv it!

Some pictures to share:

Oldest town in TN,
Jonesbourgh, wonderful town!

Correct 1927 Tool Roll

Kid's games at the tour,
only in Tenn.- Toilet Seat toss

Entering Bristol NASCAR track

These fast young ladies led the T's on
the track....

Racing on the track at Bristol , NASCAR T time

End of the line for me and Dixie, let the oil get too low, and lost low pedal up a 5% grade, hauled back on the trouble truck. Gonna need a new low band lining

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By aaron g on Saturday, July 25, 2009 - 10:59 pm:

Great pictures and thanks for posting Dan.
Anyone has gotta know that if Brent T had anything to do with it it would be a GREAT tour.
Sure with I lived closer, I would have surely been there too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James "Mike" Rogers on Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 8:00 am:

This will be my first post here so I hope you all will bear with me till I get used to the format. I was the driver of the Vulture truck (that's my bald head in the last pic) at this event and was really surprised at the durability of these little cars. This impressed me so much that I expect I will have to get one in the near future as finances present themselves.

The tour was a blast and I enjoyed it so much, I am going to do my best to attend next year in SD as a participant with my own car. All the people I met this year were GREAT and were very patient with me getting to them and getting their cars back to the hotel. We had one little incident with a 33 plymouth but no harm, no foul so it was a good event.

The one really bad thing that happened was I had a high compression aluminum head laying on my trailer tongue and someone with sticky fingers walked off with it. I guess he needed it more than he needs a conscience so I hope it blows his engine when he uses it.

Other than that I had a GREAT time and will definitely be back and hope to be a welcome part of the Model T community and this board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 9:02 am:

Glad everyone had a great time. Thanks Dan for posting these pictures. I really wish I could have been there. Brent it sounds like you put on a great show. I understand your kids had a big hand in preparing for the tour routes. Everyone that helped needs to be applauded because this is a monumental task. If anyone has more pictures or videos please post them here for all of us to see. Mike Rogers I think the T BUG has found another victim, CONGRATULATION !!!!!!!!
HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE SOON
DENNIS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By T Tour on Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 9:09 am:

http://www2.tri cities.com/tri/ news/local/arti cle/model_t_clu b_tours_the_tri -cities/29151/

http://greenevi llesun.com/stor y/304855

http://www.john soncitypress.co m/News/article. php?ID=70053

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks on Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 9:09 am:

A great tour, Brent and Family, employees and friends did a wonderful job! And as usual a really great time to meet the best folks in the hobby! Judy, I and Daisy had a great time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By T Tour on Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 9:16 am:

Pictures: http://greenevi llesun.mycaptur e.com/mycapture /folder.asp?eve nt=802068&Categ oryID=29332&Lis tSubAlbums=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By T Tour on Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 9:34 am:

Downloadable Bristol Motor Speedway Pictures: http://gallery. me.com/randygen try#100652

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy Stone on Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 1:42 pm:

I think Brent & family done a great job, the pit stops, trouble truck (Driver James was great) "T" road signs, two sided name tags and lots of other things that make for good memories of a T tour. There had been a lot of time spent on planning that made it a great sucess.
Thanks to all that had a hand in this.

The Stone's WV

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth Mason Stewart on Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 3:22 pm:

A super good tour. Love those hills in Tenn. Drove well over 600 miles. My Junker held together but did have morning sickness the first day then she perked up and after a tank of high test gas she was ok.Next year Rapid City, S.D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Monday, July 27, 2009 - 3:05 pm:

A really great tour! Everything was very well organized and come off with true precision. Lots of great meals also.

Our old blue '25 Touring held on for another year and performed flawlessly. Not bad for an engine rebuilt over 30 years ago.

To all the Terrys and their friends and employees who helped out, thanks so much for your hard work and years of planning. You made a lot of great memories for a lot of people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gretchen Carreras on Monday, July 27, 2009 - 5:42 pm:

To the Terry Family,

Paul and I want to thank you for hosting a wonderful tour this past week.

You certainly went above and beyond in all the attention to details. Everyone was smiling and enjoying themselves the entire week. Even the ones that had "glitches" with their cars were still smiling and having a good time.

Congratulations and thank you to your family and all the helpers that you had that made the tour such a success.

Gretchen Carreras
2nd Vice-President

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration