26/27 roadster windshield gasket material

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Club International User Forum: MTFCI General Discussion Forum : 26/27 roadster windshield gasket material
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By r williams on Saturday, March 26, 2011 - 6:27 pm:

What do you use to put around windshield glass to install it in frame?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Dupree on Sunday, March 27, 2011 - 10:48 am:

I have a local glass shop make and install the glass. They have a bedding material that is like black RTV. The bedding material blends well with the black paint when all is done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rwilliams on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 1:17 pm:

Thats what I was thinking as well just letting the glass shop handle it. I did make patterns and could Install myself if there was some type of material everyone else was using. Thanks for the reply.

Ralph

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 6:01 pm:

Most auto glass shops carry the type bedding or setting tape for use on antique car windshield glass. The better is the combination cork/rubber type. Don't use just common RTV as it isn't strong enough and cant hold the glass movement and vibration, the cork/rubber is needed.
Here is a link for description

http://home-and -garden.become. com/crl-564-cor k-and-rubber-tu ffpak-glass-set ting-tape-roll- -compare-prices --c209891563

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rwilliams on Sunday, April 03, 2011 - 7:34 am:

That tape would be better I will mention it when I carry in to the glass place to fit the frame. Thanks for the tip.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration